Monday, December 17, 2012

Yoga....that's some bullshit


 "You know, I really want to get back into yoga.I was in really great shape when I was doing yoga" "You lose a lot of weight doing yoga."

 Bullshit.

 Here's what was going on. You were younger, had more time, more dedication, and probably less kids. This is why you were able to go to yoga 4 to 5 times a week and why you were happier with the way you looked. Now.... a little older, a lot busier, kids! we all know how overwhelming kids are. Busier job and your a little softer around the edges.

 Yoga once a week ain't gonna cut it.

 You can not smoke, drink, over eat, live a very sedentary lifestyle and then mosey over to a yoga class, half ass your way through it and then reward yourself with a mimosa and eggs benedict at brunch.

 You know those yoga practitioners who are in great shape? They live that lifestyle, not just 1hr. a week but all day everyday. They are the ones who are in great shape from yoga.

 I'm using yoga but it could be anything. Zumba, cardio, weight training,  etc. etc. A part time attitude will get you no where.

 It takes complete dedication to make the change you want to make.

 One hour a week ain't cutting it. You know it, it's an excuse to not really change.

1 comment:

  1. It's all true. I finally took up bikram yoga at the beginning of this year (2012). I kept to it for twice a week for a few months, but then it fell by the wayside. I did feel REALLY good during each yoga session; it was a different kind of high compared to a runner's high. I think the high was equal amounts physical and spiritual. Anyway, I did see some results with being consistent, but I think three times a week would've been better for me. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete