Thursday, December 8, 2011

Goofy's race and a half challenge &staten island trail extravaganza

 Soon as in two days Staten Island will be hosting its first ever Ultra trail event. 5k, 10k, 25k, and the big daddy 50k.

 This is being brought to us by The Greenbelt Conservancy and NYARA
http://www.nyara.org/template.php?Add-a-Page=8

 Its going to be a terrific event, the course will at times be extremely muddy. Other parts of the course I already know are very steep and narrow. I'm curious as to how I will do. On one hand I want to push really hard and finish btw. 2:15 and 2:30. With the mud I think a time of 2:30 for me will be satisfactory.

 On the other hand I'm a month away from Disney and to twist an ankle now would be extremely frustrating. So, what will I do? Reality is that I have been on these trails running with the siXac crew for a while now and I really want to crush this event.

 A cold, muddy, trail event......it sounds like a disaster, right up my alley.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I'm itching for disaster myself. But most likely we'll get through this event without a problem and smiles on our dirty faces. :-)

    See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete