Sunday, June 26, 2011

That's pride fucking with you

  News flash,  I am not running the Lehigh Valley marathon. I am running the LV half. Why you ask, well
because thats why. I have underestimated how much more effort raising two kids would be over just one kid.

 A welcome increase in clients, the newly added Spartan race two week after the LV run and the SI half two weeks after that made me realize why training for a marathon is not wise.

  You see marathon training is a huge commitment a half is i'd say only a third of the commitment so with everything piling up i realized that the half is what I will be doing. besides the only event i truly care about is the "Goofy".

  All of these half marathons, adventure races, mega long trail runs are all for one thing Disney Marathon Weekend 2012. This is my true focus, half marathon on sat. full marathon on sunday.

  This weekend was the true beginning of my Goofy training. A 5k on sat. focusing on speed/ fartlek and
a 10k on sunday focusing on a long slow distance. I ran the 5k at a slightly faster than 5k pace and todays run was about 1 minute slower than the pace I would like to run the marathon at.

  Like Marcellis Wallace said. push pride aside and do whats right.

No comments:

Post a Comment