Sunday, June 2, 2013

Here we go. Summer training begins this week for my fall half marathons

 Starting Sept. 8th I will be running a half marathon of some sort just bout every other week until November 9th when I finish up this silliness at the Walt Disney World's Wine and Dine Half marathon.

 To do this I am going to follow  training plan something I havent really done since I trained for the goofy challenge a while back. 

 Since the first race is September 8 and its June 2nd my training begins now.........with a rest day. Oh boy I am annoyed. I ran a Spartan Sprint with a large group of my wife's workmates yesterday and what I mostly got out of it was a lot of scrapes and little satisfaction. So today we rest, work on the camper and probably plot out my training and nutritional road map for the next 5 months. Nutritionally I take a very simple approach, up the veggies and the proteins form all sources and chuck out as many man made things as I can. The amount of calories I will be eating will vary on how hard I am working during hat time frame but I can tell you that I am going to be eating a lot and still dropping some weight.

 I will be running 4 days a week Tuesday track workouts, Thursday runs of some nature tempo, or fartlek, Saturday trails, and Sunday long runs which will be true tempo, and long runs,

 Where i am at starting this program is pretty good. I can already bang out 8-10 good miles at a comfortable pace and I could definitely run a full 13.1 now at a very casual pace but I have personal goals of coming in under 2:00 hrs for most of these halfs. Something I have yet to officially do.

No comments:

Post a Comment