Sunday, July 21, 2013

Throwing good runs after bad

 A few weeks ago I was taking part in the siac long run. I wanted to do 8  but at 6.5 I felt destroyed due to heat, lack of road work, etc. etc. so I did finish the 8 but instead of storming to the finish like a conquering hero I stumbled in feeling like a fish out of water choking for oxygen.

 This morning I woke up to do another long run and I have to admit that I didn't want to. I kept thinking about the last run and how I felt like shit afterwards and I ket laying in bed making more excuses. Lucia's party is today, i have so much to do so I should skip the run. Here's the thing though, every tie I thought of an excuse I talked myself out of it so I got up, got dressed, and drove to meet the others.

 The run went well and while I was talking to my fellow runners I came to a realization, it's our own head that truly dictates how we run. We all have aspects of running that we don't like but there are certain circumstances that can truly screw us up in the head and we talk ourselves out of achieving a goal that is attainable, as difficult as it may be to achieve it, it is possible.

 Thankfully I didn't let the negative voices win and because of that I know have a positive experience to feed off of for the next long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment