Monday, April 23, 2012

running as meditation

 Can running be considered a type of meditation?
Yesterday as I was leading the group trail run in preparation for the upcoming High Rock Challenge I found myself on different parts of the trails without really being aware of the run that got me there.

 This got me thinking, if your so relaxed doing any activity, running, fishing, whatever and you become so relaxed isn't this a type of meditation. I can literally find myself on the trails and I don't feel my feet hit the ground, my breathing becomes rhythmic almost hypnotic, my mind goes clear.

 Even if it's not technically an official form of meditation its working for me.

http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/prevention-wellness/emotional-wellbeing/mental-health/stress-how-to-cope-better-with-lifes-challenges.html

No comments:

Post a Comment